QS124 Advanced industrial Rescue
A staggering number of workers are killed or seriously injured every year in confined due to their lack of knowledge of the environments they are working in and the equipment they are working with.
This course is intended for delegates who require the knowledge to allow them to apply safe working practices, reducing unnecessary risk in confined space environments.
Our confined space structure simulates a real-life enclosure where the possibility of a dangerous environment could exist and includes smoke machines, audio alarms and infra-red cameras for delegate monitoring. This allows delegates to receive the most thorough experience of confined space, either alone or in teams, preparing them for a real-life situation.
This advanced level course includes advanced levels of instruction of Rescue Simulation.
Course duration: 4 days
After completing the course, delegates will be able to:
• Provide the knowledge and practical experience to safely enter a confined space.
• Provide a thorough understanding of the dangers associated with confined space.
• Enable delegates to access, work, egress safely from a confined space.
• Enable delegates to evacuate a confined space safely and controlled upon the activation of a gas detector.
• Definition and basic concepts of Confined Space
• Hazards associated with confined space and control
• Permit-required confined space regulations
• Confined Space entry permit and preparation procedures
• Confined Space Entry Equipment
• Confined Space atmospheric monitoring and requirements
• Ventilation requirements
• Isolation/Lockout-Tag out procedures
• Roles and responsibilities entry supervisor, attendant and entrant
• Confined space Inspection& Checklist
• Current legislation & ACOP
• Permit to work and risk assessments
• Confined space & dangers associated with it
• Use of gas detection equipment
• Use of Personal Fall Protective Equipment, i.e. harness, fall arrest lanyard, restraint lanyards, tripod, davit and retrieval/man riding winches
• Use of Escape Breathing Apparatus sets, including positive pressure, hood and re-breathers
• Pre-entry checks on equipment
• Safe systems of work for entry into a confined space
• Methods of communication & emergency procedures
• Practical use of Escape Breathing Apparatus sets
• Vertical entry and egress using a tripod, davit and retrieval/man-riding winches
• Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment
• Top-man (Supervisor) role and responsibilities
• Confined space rescue techniques
• Confined space rescue equipment
• Safety measures
• Hands-on practices
• Summary and conclusion
- Language: English/Arabic
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: 15
- Certificate: No